Everything is turning up blue these days. Every wardrobe item that you can imagine is available in denim: skirts, jackets, dresses, shoes, boots, and even swimwear. "Jeans" doesn't describe just pants anymore. Most employers allow casual Friday, a day to dress down and wear your favorite pair of denim pants. Some employees love to sport the comfy casuals everyday.
There are many options for dressing up your blues. Staying comfortable and maintaining a professional look can sometimes be challenging. Just how do you make denim work for the office on a daily basis?
- Try to stick with a dark wash- stay away from distressed, faded, or torn jeans.
- Choose styles that are not too trendy. Straight leg jeans, or boot cut are timelessly versatile.
- Denim on denim is too casual, wear only one denim item at a time
- Rich browns and silver accents elevate the casual Friday staple
- Skinny jeans work, as long as they are worn right. Pair them with a stylish tunic, or a blazer
- Stay away from low rise styles, unless you wear a long top...your co workers will thank you!
Alexander Wang, one of my favorite designers- launched a new denim collection last December: Denim x Alexander Wang. He says "There are a certain number of cuts and washes you feel are right, where you can still keep a strong identity." He has added four more styles to Resort 2016, including styles for men.
Monday Monday, I hope it's a great one! How do you like to style your blues for work?