Birch Bay is a beautiful little town in the very NW corner of Washington state. It's amazing that I grew up 30 miles from here in Vancouver BC, and never visited until this past fall! Spring break time has arrived and this is the perfect getaway spot!
This picturesque bay is just two hours north Of Seattle. The bay is protected waters, and located between Semiahmoo Bay and Lummi Bay. If you are looking for a quiet place for some R & R, (with breathtaking views), this is the place for you!
The Beach at Birch Bay café has an incredible assortment of food, beverages and entertainment. The fish and chips were to die for! It is right across the street from the bay and there is a beautiful unobstructed view.
My friend belongs to the World Mark Time Share group, so we stayed in a condo across from the beach. We were on our way to Vancouver Fashion Week, it was a perfect spot for a stop over. Unfortunately we didn't get to take a dip in the pool, it was too cold the day we were there.
If you want to do some fun things besides taking in the beautiful views, there are several activities you can take part in.
Things to Do in Birch Bay
- Peace Arch State Park- A beautiful monument and park situated on the U.S. Canadian border is a short drive away in Blaine. This park is a very popular wedding venue!
- Semiahmoo Park- a fabulous park for beachcombing, amazing sunsets, and low tide walks.
- The Spa at Semiahmoo- the spectaculiar seaside location offers an ideal refuge for rejuvenating mind, body, and spirit.
- Birch Bay Waterslides- the "fun slidin" place to be! There is a slide for everyone , relaxing beach chairs, hot tub, and yummy food.
- Paddle and Pedal Adventures- You can sign up for a package to rent a kayak and bike for the day, or reserve them separately.
Since most of the activity at Birch Bay revolves around the beach, I thought I would share the perfect outfit for the climate at NW beaches.Shop the Look:| Sweat Pants| Tank Top| Flip Flops| Capped Sleeve Sweatshirt| Hat
I hope this has inspired you to someday visit this beautiful town by the bay. Do you have any big plans for Spring break? I would love to hear where you are traveling, or what you have planned.
My week off from teaching has begun! I am planning some things to do around here in my area. Then for the weekend I am off to see my daughter at college for mom's weekend, which includes a fashion show, yay! Whether you have a week off or not, I hope it's full of all the best things!
For daily style and travel inspiration, catch my updates on Instagram and Twitter.